A successful WiFi deployment starts with an understanding of your business and technical requirements.
IT decision managers are overwhelmed with information from businesses looking to just sell some Access points. It’s important sometimes to take a step back and evaluate the goals of wifi in your business strategy, then develop a methodology for deciding on the right solution.
Some Wi-Fi solutions were designed for hotels, some for small business, and some for warehouses.
We take the time to discuss your business and area of operation with you. This includes looking at your type of clients, area of Wi-Fi coverage required, types of devices to be used and your vital business applications. At the same time, we will consider your budget, deadlines and preferred vendor selection.
Most Wi-Fi issues we see are directly related to poor Wi-Fi solution design or no design at all.
We could tell horror stories about customers who wanted Wi-Fi to work well, so they purchased whatever the manufacturer recommended.
Here are some things we’ve learned about designing Wi-Fi solutions.
1. We start with role-based access control.
Our Wi-Fi Specialist We design specific security policy to users or groups of users that connect to your Wi-Fi network. …
2. We design for how you will use the system.
Because in a building the design rules cannot be apply the same way Some areas are low-density other areas might be larger meeting halls or open-plan office.
We have three sets of data we look at when we do a Wi-Fi design.
• Capacity: The larger meeting areas require that we address density based on maximum capacity. In many cases, this means you use an access point designed for higher density.
• Coverage: This is the one most people get right, it’s merely the Sq. Footage area where Wi-Fi needs to be accessible.
• Performance: Each device has a threshold for signal strength that it needs in order to operate effectively. Each application has specific requirements for latency. It’s critical to ensure that your Wi-Fi network is designed to support the performance requirements of how you plan to use the solution.
3. We use the latest software design to reduce onsite visits.
We use industry leading predictive RF software such as (Ekahau, AirMagnet) to plan out your Wi-Fi network.
In some cases, a customer’s environment can be so complex it requires us to perform an onsite survey, but for most cases, a predictive RF design will be adequate
We provide specialised WiFi designs that meet your needs.
With the design of the system agreed, we begin the installation, configuration, and onboarding of your system. Where existing wired networks are already in place, we will integrate fully, ensuring that the finished service meets with your detailed requirements.
We can work with your existing installation team on new wiring and access point installation, or we can bring in our team to install anywhere in South Africa and most of the African countries.
We validate the installed WiFi network against specifications and refinconfigurations for optimum performance.
WLAN optimisation enhances the performance of your WiFi network and the end-user experience. A post validation site survey and fine-tune makes sure your new network is performing at its best.
Proactive maintenance ensures the on-going performance of your network.
Once your system has been fully deployed, that is not the end of our relationship with you. Our team will now focus on optimising performance, attending to security and keeping up with any changes in the industry that may cause your system to require updates.